At Oakdale Junior School, we believe that good behaviour is essential for learning and the development of the child into a responsible and caring adult. With this in mind we strive to give the children the necessary guidance and boundaries to ensure that this happens.
Governing Body statement of principles: Our behaviour system links to our school vision and aims and individual class charters:
- Take responsibility for your own learning and behaviour
- Walk quietly on the left around buildings
- Line up ready for learning when entering the school building
- Wear the correct school uniform
- Take care of the school environment
- Take care of people’s property
- Use the appropriate voice level for the appropriate place
- Listen to the person who is speaking
- Co-operate readily with all staff
- Speak politely to everyone
- Keep your hands and feet to yourself
Oakdale Junior School Vision Statement
‘Learning for Life’
We are committed to high standards of attainment and progress for all pupils and for every pupil to be given the opportunity to shine.
Our school community celebrates its rich diversity at all times ensuring equality of opportunity. We strive to work as a team, enabling us to offer a safe, welcoming and inspiring environment.
We believe that children can develop responsibility, with respect for themselves and others, thus creating a community, which has values and attitudes which will stand them in good stead for lifelong learning.
Oakdale Junior School Aims
• We encourage children to discover and develop their own aspirations whilst providing a curriculum that enables them to be the best they can be.
• To further encourage a sense of social and moral responsibility fitting for the society in which we live, through being a Rights Respecting school.
• To encourage the whole community towards a greater understanding of the individual’s contribution regardless of age, gender, race or religion by providing equal opportunities for all of our children.