Purpose of the Governing Body
There are three main roles that the Governing Body fulfils. These are to:
- provide a strategic direction for the work and improvement of the school
- support, monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the school
- hold the school to account for the standards achieved and the quality of education.
At Oakdale Junior School the Governing Body’s main focus, working with the leadership team is to:
- conduct a self evaluation of the school’s performance and develop an annual School Improvement Plan (SIP)
- ensure appropriate Staffing and other resources to meet, as far as possible, the pupils’ educational needs
- ensure the curriculum delivered develops in line with Government guidance and the pupils’ educational needs
- ensure the school manages its activities within the income provided and thus maintains its financial viability
- ensure the school meets all health and safety requirements and has robust safeguarding practices
- act as a link between the neighbourhood, the school and the County Council.
Each Governor also has a subject link or Year group link to relevant Staff in order to gain a better understanding of activities, successes, developments and issues relating to each area.
Governing Body Committees: Committees 07 Sep 2015