We work in partnership with Transport for London to promote healthier ways to travel through our ‘School Travel Plan’. In 2018 we gained our Gold Award for the second year running and we continue to promote our travel plan through various activities and through the work of the Eco-Committee. Below are some examples of the work that has been done.
- Completing the annual ‘Hands Up’ survey in order to see the various ways pupils come to school
- Running bike riding courses (funded by TfL)
- Participating in ‘Dayglow Day’
- Road safety theatre groups
- Consulting with the School Council/Eco-Committee about ways to promote healthy travel.
- Taking pupils on trips using public transport.
- Redbridge Air Action Project which produced local maps of the least polluted routes to school (see below)
- PROJECT EDWARD walking bus in collaboration with Transport for London